Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Thursday, October 20, 2005

From snowflakes to SNOWBALL!

Last week I received another one of those forwarded emails requesting for some kind of help. Something stopped me as I was about to habitually delete it before I even read it.

I've received too many of such mails, I guess, and have been somewhat disappointed by quite a number of disencouraging feedbacks from some of my friends who replied to those mails I forwarded in the hope of snowballing help for someone out there whom I know nothing of except the help required quoted in the mail. Some informing that the emails are no longer valid as they were circulated from a long time ago; some informed they found out the mails were hoax.

The straight forward subject title caught my attention first. It was requesting for used school textbooks, school bags and stationery. I opened the mail and read on to find out that a group of volunteers have started giving free tuition at Blk 31 Chai Chee to children and youths from less privileged families.

I recalled my childhood days when dad would always 'disapparate' or end up fighting with mom whenever the school year comes to a close. My brother and I? It happened so often that I'm used to masking my face with brave positive laughters, as if nothing big deal's happening; my brother continued to glue his eyes emotionlessly on whatever tv program he was watching. There were times when we had electricity and water supplies cut off because the PUB bills hadn't been paid for as long as half a year. We read storybooks borrowed from the library and did our homework with light from the public corridor.

Friends are always surprised that I'm not emotionally affected by all that. In fact, I'm very thankful that God has brought me through all this way. The childhood I had, I believe is a path God carved out to mould me into who I am today. I can't imagine how different I would be, had I had an easier childhood.

Anyway, I started today with the brightest morning...the email I eventually forwarded after calling one of the volunteers to verify its authenticity has received even more response than it had already generated. Another group that is involved in projects helping youths on career guidance emailed me to ask if they could help and some of my colleagues have asked to be updated of any help they could offer too! It's overwhelming! SPH has arranged an interview with them too! Looks like the mail has reached far more than the intended receipients of 'a few close friends', as the volunteer I spoke to had told me.

Snowflakes might seem probably the most fragile existence on earth; but the power of snowflakes rolled up into a snowball cannot be underestimated indeed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lim said...

Hi Geraldine! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leave a kind note there. Yes. Hope we get sorted out eventually.

Glad to know that there are genuinely kind people like you around to help those who are in need. Post us more info.

Last but not least, all the best with your breastfeeding.
Christine :)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home