Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Monday, January 26, 2009

Eve of 牛 Year

Feels strange even though it's not the first time we're abroad during the festival. It's like a war zone in our estate all of yesterday and today...non-stop fire crackers; businesses and families setting off their own fireworks; kids throwing sand bombs, etc.

The irony is -- they are so near that I can hear and see them from my windows, but they feel so...oblivious to me. Frankly, I don't even have memory of the time before fire crackers were banned; on the other hand, now that I'm 'immersed' in such environment where every household seems to be having their own fire cracker and fireworks party -- I don't see what the big idea is. Yes, I do see the possibility of sparks landing somewhere accidentally, but, I don't see why that possibility should be a kill joy if people try to keep themselves safe. Note: I say 'keep themselves safe', not 'try to be or play safely' -- that depends of individual sense of responsibility. In our case, we keep ourselves indoors to watch the fireworks rather than bring the kids out in 0 degree Celsius to risk sparks landing on our eyes or clothes. Who knows? We might have our own fireworks party in our garden or balcony when they are older; i.e. if we are still here. :)

It's 1 a.m. Just as I thought finally everyone seem to be calling it a night, sounds of fire crackers and fireworks renewed from somewhere...hmmm...seems they do keep the tradition of staying up on Chinese New Year's eve here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home