Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Basic Wholemeal Bread

Since our earliest trial from the day we bought our bread machine, we've been yielding different results from the same recipe we've followed trustingly...or should I say -- no choice since I couldn't find another basic bread machine wholemeal bread recipe.

Well, I've finally decided to experiment with a little bit of modification based on recipes from various sources -- the recipe that came with our bread machine, our favourite Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook and Allrecipes.com...and BINGO! Heheh...we all smiled when we saw the bread that greeted us this morning. :) Wanna know how it taste? We actually had to stop our two babies from finishing half the loaf!

Recipe for a 2 pound loaf:

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup Milk
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Brown sugar (that's because we normally only have brown sugar at home)
2 tsp Salt
2 cup Bread flour
2 cup Whole wheat flour
2 tsp Bread machine yeast

Method
  1. Put all ingredients into the bread machine according to sequence recommended by the manufacturer.
  2. Select wholemeal cycle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ShanZen - Brightsong said...

which breadmaker do you use? did your wholemeal bread turn out soft? my kids dislike those store-bought wholemeal bread but i'm thinking of trying out baking one on my MR machine. :)

and all the best on your overseas living. do continue to blog!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rainbows from God said...

Blue Sky, Carrefour house brand. :) Yes, this was softer than others I've tried; but if your kids prefer soft and fluffy breads like those off the shelf -- tough la. Off the shelf bread are so fluffy due to high sugar content and other additives. I increased sugar and yeast in this recipe too. My mom commented it's a bit too salty for her. Heheh...I'll remember to use unsalted butter next time.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home