Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Where got time to cook ('_')?

With a 2 year old and a 3 month old fighting for attention -- and no household helper, no drop-in babysitter -- how to cook...or do anything else?

You might shake your head and go 'tsk tsk' if I tell you how I do it -- I cook more when I prepare dinner and reserve a portion for lunch. Don't tell me 'it's not good to keep overnight' or 'always better to eat fresh'. Spending time playing 'masak masak' is an idea too luxurious for a mom with 2 babes to tend to, laundry, cleaning, etc. among other household chores. :p

Get a maid? Won't even think of that if it means risking my family's safety; especially my children's. Sure, we've had good helpers before I was married to the family and some of my friends have had excellent helpers for years too. But each time we get a new maid, we're bringing a new stranger into the house; whether this new stranger turns out to be a good helper, a 'headache' or a danger depends on individual's luck.

I choose not to risk. :p I'd rather survive with the mess and just do what I can.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger No Name Applicable said...

check out this woman's quote from bible LOL.

http://happyhippy.vox.com/library/post/thursday--31308--verse-for-the-day.html

her comparison is very apt lor.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Rainbows from God said...

Indeed...I do what I can; God will do the rest. :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger ♥Joy was here♥ said...

hey aunty geradine!! joy here!!l0ls.. i change blog URL .. http://n0rty-australiangurl.blogspot.com ya.. the n0rty the 0 is a zero.. hehess.. incase youu were wondering l0ls.. hehe.. god bless you and your family.. having great fun in australia!! haha and plss pray for daddy to get job soon.. he sent some letters to a few comany.... still having reply.. good if youu would pray for him.. thnkss!srr yous

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home