Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Friday, September 28, 2007

Terrorists

To a family, that is. To be more precise -- seemingly well-meaning people around us whose words or actions can be more of 'breakers' than 'builders' to our family.

Remembered this term from a pastor's sermon for C&WK's wedding. The term just somehow kept returning over the last three years of our marriage at different times to alert and shake me to vigilance.

* Those who say things that cause disharmony between my spouse and I -- creating doubts between us, trying to rouse us to power struggle with each other, etc.

* Those who say or do things that cause sibling rivalry and jealousy among my children -- telling the children that we love one more than the other; showing obvious preference before the children, one more than the other; saying things that compare them to each other or other children; say or do things that affect my children's self-esteem and sense of security.

* The harder ones to detect are those who are well-meaning but try to discourage or hinder us when we make certain decision or choices that we feel and know for a fact that it's best for OUR family.

Over the years as I grow as a Christian, I've learnt that vigilance takes a lot of strength -- supernatural strength from God. I continue to pray for that strength constantly and I know that I will be able to do that only with the supernatural love from God, our Father.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger aviatrix said...

a very perceptive post.

check this out!

http://karencheng.com.au/2007/09/16/parenting-is/

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home