Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Friday, June 01, 2007

Thank God for Gifts of Labour

I ask God if He regretted giving me a family, and the man He gave me to marry. I've put my whole self -- heart, body and soul -- to building and managing the home; being a friend and supportive spouse to my husband as best I could; ensuring Faith feels loved and learns to love, grows feeling secure, confident, have high self-esteem and develop a passion in learning. I've stopped being active in the music ministry I love so much and was once so involved. I've stopped writing journals to God every night. I've stopped praying the rosary everyday, even though I try to call to mind The Creed, The Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary and Glory Be before I drift off to sleep. How I miss those nights of intimate conversations with God and retreats away from the worldly during quiet times...

Then it came to me...

Without my husband, I would not have learnt the new dimension of humility, tolerance and forgiveness by getting to know and learning to live with his spiritual family from the protestant church. Through our marriage, I have acquired a new spiritual family of a different denomination whom I've grown to love and be attached. I learnt how they love our one God and Saviour as deeply as I do, even though we might express our love differently as we worship and reach out to those in need in individual ways.

Without this deep love for my family and daughter, I would not have been led to the new areas of ministry where I reached parents, children and youth in need of His wisdom and knowledge of His love. He made me a privileged witness to His wisdom and wonders of His work.

I was humbled through the experiences in breastfeeding, birth and toilet training my daughter, and preparing for the birth of my next child, how simple obedience to the wonders He designed for us could save us from so much pain, struggles and suffering...if only we would choose not to set conditions and excuses for convenience out of our own selfishness -- to get more rest, more time and freedom to ourselves. Now I'm beginning to witness in awe again, how He faithfully fulfills His promises to those who labours for love...not just me, but many others I've met who do the same.

Thank You...for always reminding me of Yours gifts and how much You love us. Thank You...for always showing me Your mercy and generosity. Thank You...for always pulling me back with Your encouraging hug, whenever I'm deceived by lies of guilt and begin to stray away from You. Thank You...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home