Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Too busy for a walk with the children?

'Pulling away from the television and taking your children on a walk may put you behind on housework...' - my reflections on this devotion - guilty.


Joy was asking me couple of nights back, 'Mom, why are you always busy and have no time to teach me how to play the black-and-white-seed game (Reversi)?' I thought my reply was indignant, 'Because I have to cook, clean the house and wash the clothes, etc. etc. Who will do all these if mommy doesn't?' She said thoughtfully, 'Mmm...because there's no ayi in Singapore.' Guess I should still keep reminding myself to relax in some things.


Routine and order is necessary in a household, but what matters to the children still matters a lot to me - doing things together. A blessing for me that they enjoy play as much as participating in household chores with me. Think I might encourage them to finish up household chores with me so that we have more time to play together when work is done. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poignant post...I'm struggling with being too busy for playing and here we are on school break. Thank you for the gentle reminder. I've already got too much regret over constantly being busy, don't need more! I'm going to try and play more tomorrow :) Merry Christmas~

1:31 PM  
Blogger ghazal said...

u r so true im a housewife n my kids are suffering too i m new on blogger n im using it only because no one here can understand my feelings

8:24 PM  
Blogger RSSLinePlus said...

Уникальный контент: рерайт, копирайт, переводы — Адвего

1:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LHPS Plumbing - Plumber Bromley are the experts to name for a wide range of home and commercial plumbing services to Croydon and the surrounding area, including CCTV drain inspections, installation of rainwater tanks, blocked drains and fuel service repairs. In case you are trying to discover a plumber from a good plumbing firm in an emergency, you will be glad to know that we now have a 24 hr plumbing staff for emergency plumbing services in Croydon, defending plumber croydon the complete of the Croydon Borough and surrounding areas.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home