Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Following God Closely

God has become very real to me since we came to Shanghai.  Of course He has always been, since the day He called me and I was saved; but this is different...

From the day of our departure from our comfort zone (even though neither of us stopped grumbling while we were there, it is the place we were most familiar with), God has been teaching us to depend upon Him.  We have indeed seen His generous providence in every area of our life here.

Last year, I learnt that He desires most for us to walk with Him -- not too far ahead or behind (and reluctant to follow).  I learnt that Christianity is not a religion.  It is about our relationship with God, our Father, and the people we meet.  It is as simple as it has been put in the Bible, 'Love God' and 'Love your neighbours (people).

This year, I have been learning 'to wait upon the Lord', 'to be faithful to the Lord, our God', 'to obey'.  Tonight it occurred to me that all the training and trials that we have been put through are blessings from the Lord!  Praise be to Him!

Thank You, Father, for never tire of educating and encouraging us.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous juelz@hotmail.co.uk said...

Hi there,
I saw a double rainbow this morning. I moved to south west France last year in October with my 2 young sons, Max aged 12 and Joseph aged 4. It has been an extraordinarily difficult time and we have faced extremes of weather and a catalogue of difficulties. The whole experience has had the effect of drawing nearer to our Lord and saviour Jesus. I have been praying recently that heaven would touch earth over our land and house, (we have a lot of land) and this morning at 6 am I saw the most vivid rainbow which extended right across our land. Apparently a rainbow is a disc of light and the light is on the inside of the arc. On the outer edge of the rainbow there was a faint other rainbow. I am praising the Lord God daily, hourly and by the minute for His amazingness!!
Joel 2:28 - 32
Please be careful about posting video and photos of your children on your website as we live in a very wicked and fallen world.

May the Lord bless you always

Julian
juelz@hotmail.co.uk

1:13 PM  
Blogger Rainbows from God said...

Thanks for sharing, Julian. It has been many years since I last updated this blog because we live in China. I think our children are all grown up now. :) May the Lord continue to be real and personal to your boys as He has been to mine.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home