Rainbows from God

Twice, when I doubted, God showed me twin rainbows in the sky to remind me that He keeps His promises...I want to remember how much I have been blessed with...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Daughter of God Wife of Andrew Mother of Faith, Joy & Peace

Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother (to-be) Day! ^o^

The temperature has finally come down a bit over the last few days. It's been raining since this morning and didn't stop until early evening. Our room temperature has dropped to 28 deg C. when we got home at nine plus in the evening. It had been 31 deg C. on the average for a long time.

Andrew wanted to celebrate my first mother's (to-be) day. We went out for a walk in the rain and had breakfast at the roti prata shop opposite. After that, we continued our walk in the rain to Starbuck's where we had tea, read newspapers and watch the rain through the glass. The weather has been so pleasant today that I didn't even have to nap before we went out again to Changi Village! Yeah, we did -- had nasi lemak (the one without queue because I haven't found what's so good between one stall and another that's worth the queue) at Changi Village. Then we took a stroll at the beach and came home before it gets too late.

We enjoy each other's company like that. Talking about politics, people, sharing things we observed or learnt with each other, sharing view points on different issues, planning goals for our family and career together, praying together, etc. I hope we will continue to do the same even after the baby joins us. It's a pity to see how some of our friends forgot how they've started or their relationship used to be before children came into their lives. Worse, for many who has taken it for granted that life married with children should become boring routines. Sharing the same children and family becomes their only relation while they stop seeing the need to relate to each other, other than the children.

Some might say it's too early for me to comment on how a marriage should function and love should last, but I have no doubt that being in love after years of marriage is possible -- our late ex-President and Mrs Wee Kim Wee will be my model. Love never fails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home